• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Dated Check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Absyd

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I received a letter from a Harrison Ross Byck about them receiving a post dated check and it was to be deposited...this is the first communication I have seen from them and have never authorized them to post date anything.

I have gone through a couple other places and done the post dated check...by doing so have I opened up my checking account to anyone who wants some money without aithorization from me?

I'm really worried as to how much they are writting checks for in my name and the letter they sent didn't mention and amount just that they had a post dated check and intend to deposit it.

Ladynred

First thing.. call your bank ASAP and make sure they block ANY attempts from that company to get your money. It could also be a ploy to make you call them. Is this a Collection Agency ??

Don't EVER give your account information to a collection agency.. I don't give it to ANYONE, I don't care who they are. CA's, however, are scumsucking lowlifes and they will take whatever money they can get if, regardless of 'check dates' if they have your information.

Did this letter include the mini-miranda "this is an attempt to collect a debt.. blah, blah, blah"?????

A

Absyd

Yeah it did say at the end "this is an attempt to collect a debt"

Ladynred

Then its a collection agency, and they are NOT allowed to use ANY post-dated check without first callling you and getting your authorization.

Call your bank as I said and make sure NO transactions from these scumbags is allowed thru. Tell the bank its an attempted fraud if you have to !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">