• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with My Bank - One Check Issued Twice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
Hi, I have a problem with my Bank and want to check if you can help me out on this matter. The problem I have is that, they have issued out of my checking account one personal check twice . The check # 118 issued out twice first time on Sept 6 , 2016 and second time on Dec 12, 2016. It is same exact check with same number and same amount and same everything. I wonder how known bank have no validation on their system to check simple thing like this. My Problem, I cannot trust that bank anymore and I would like to sue this bank about the loss of credibility. I know if I call them they will refund my check in a min, but again it is loss of credibility that I wan to address here. I have downloaded the banks statements that shows this check appear twice during couple of months.

adjusterjack

The what, the why, the who and the how are meaningless.

A mistake was made. Call the bank. Get it corrected.

There is no cause of action on the grounds of credibility.

If you don't trust your bank, find another.

If this was one of those automatic check things that you allow your bank to do for you then stop letting the bank do it and take back control of your bank account by writing your own checks.

It's that simple.

justalayman

Actually I can think of at least one reason this could happen legitimately. There may be others.

As to the number being a big deal; it isn't. I could print every one of my checks with the same number and the bank wouldn't care. The number makes for easier tracking but it is not a requirement.

Until you know why what happened happened, you have no idea if this is a bank error or some other issue.

ejames23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
Hi, I have a problem with my Bank and want to check if you can help me out on this matter. The problem I have is that, they have issued out of my checking account one personal check twice . The check # 118 issued out twice first time on Sept 6 , 2016 and second time on Dec 12, 2016. It is same exact check with same number and same amount and same everything. I wonder how known bank have no validation on their system to check simple thing like this. My Problem, I cannot trust that bank anymore and I would like to sue this bank about the loss of credibility. I know if I call them they will refund my check in a min, but again it is loss of credibility that I wan to address here. I have downloaded the banks statements that shows this check appear twice during couple of months.
lay off the weed man

Dandy Don

First, you need to prove that you made an effort to get this error corrected by contacting this bank by certified mail and also sending them a copy of your bank statement to show what happened and ask them for an explanation or resolution.

Then if you receive a response, file a complaint with the Colorado Division of Banking (at the weblink shown below) and then be prepared to send the bank's response with your complaint.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/node/93106

LdiJ

First, you need to prove that you made an effort to get this error corrected by contacting this bank by certified mail and also sending them a copy of your bank statement to show what happened and ask them for an explanation or resolution.

Then if you receive a response, file a complaint with the Colorado Division of Banking (at the weblink shown below) and then be prepared to send the bank's response with your complaint.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/node/93106
That is more like step three or four. A phone call to the bank followed up by a visit to the bank if the phone call gets no results, is more in order as the first couple of steps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">