• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question with PayPal account..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blmyers85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Would I be able to re-open a Paypal account if I owe them money from 3-4 years ago? Or would they most likely garnish my bank account or whatever money I end up with in my Paypal account?

bdancer

Not likely that you will be able to re-open any account that had a negative balance. Since this is 3 or 4 years old, Paypal probably charge off the account and sold the debt to a collection agency.

You MIGHT be able to open a new Paypal account, depending on how long they keep records of defaulted accounts. If they have record of you previously defaulting, they may not permit you to open a new account.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would bother with a Paypal account. They require direct access to your bank account and a credit card. Then charge you all sorts of fees. There also seems to be a whole lot of problems over disputed charges.

racer72

The only person that can truly give you the info you need is someone from Paypal. Any else is just an assumption.

They require direct access to your bank account and a credit card. Then charge you all sorts of fees.
Not true if you know what you are doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">