+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    biglaz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    received check with wrong payee name

    What is the name of your state? WI

    I was called the day of to do contract work for a school district (officiate a basketball game). Apparently the guy who was supposed to do this work couldn't, so I was called to fill in. When I recieved payment for my work ($56.00) the check was made out to the guy who I replaced. The school does not want to make out a new check. Can I legally deposit this check, as it's intended for me, just the wrong payee is printed? Or what can I do to get proper payment from the school?


  2. #2
    -- Cali--G-- Guest

    NO! No you cannot deposit this check. Yes, of course there was a mishap, but the school does not pay these things, the school board does. Check with them, they should settle it, but do not cash the check as your name is not printed on it.

    I'm still shaking my head.

Similar Threads

  1. Contractor as joing payee on check in AL
    By eryan2369 in forum Homeowners Insurance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
  2. USCIS check, wrong payee?
    By Trini85 in forum Immigration
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 03:16 PM
  3. Depositing 2 payee check in California
    By Sw3tflower in forum Banking & Credit Cards
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 04:29 AM
  4. Insurance claim check-payee me and mortgage company
    By utnsee in forum Homeowners Insurance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 04:56 AM
  5. Bank deducts PRIOR to payee presentation of check???
    By Gush in forum Business Contracts and Franchises
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 06:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.