• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received a Stay Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SamBo916

What is the name of your state? California

So I just wanted to thank everyone here on this site for giving me a handle on gaining control of my credit. Well, lets start from the begining. I received an arbitration letter from C/A and they filed with the National Arbitration Forum. I thought it was fake but my gut told me that it wasn't. So, I looked on here and found some great sights. I sent the National Forum and the C/A a Refusal of Arbitration. From one of the sights that was recommended. Well I just received a Stay Notice? I went to the National Forum to see what this was and it says this: Stays. A Claimant may obtain a Stay of a case for an indefinite period of time by filing with the Forum and serving on all other Parties a Stay Notice prior to the appointment of an Arbitrator. An opposing Party may end a Stay by filing with the Forum and serving on all Parties, within fifteen (15) days of the Receipt of the Notice, an objection which ends the Stay. Claimant may file only one (1) Stay Notice and may seek a subsequent Stay by submitting a Rule 18 Request. What does this mean??? I wanted them to bar/dismiss the Arbitration but instead they put a hold on it...is that right? My question now, is where do I go from here? Thanks in advance....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">