• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repossesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KimHeath73

I am leasing a vehicle at this time. I am not behind on payments, but I have got to have a medial procedure and will be out of work. If I let this vehicle go back can they make me pay anything? What will it do to my credit?

T

think positive

When my husband had back surgery and was out for several months, we did not have to make the car payments. This is simply because we signed up for supplemental coverage in the event of accident/injury/death. We had to pay more to have this coverage added, but it turned out to well worth it.

In the event that you did not, perhaps you could call the bank and explain the situation to see if they could add the months to the end of the loan...As long as you are current and honest, they may be willing to work with you. It is better than not paying at all with the worry that they will be calling you every day.

I believe you would be liable even if you had them take the car back, but that is not my expertise. Perhaps a moderator will answer you quesion with more solid legal advice.

Good Luck to you and I hope your recovery is a fast one!

think positive

ps... check your paperwork.. maybe (hopefully) you had this added as part of your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">