• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting Copy of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SwtDuck11472

Texas

I purchased a wave runner on a 4 year note. I have requested a copy of the original contract from the company for 2 reasons. I lost my copy and they have turned the account in to a revolving account. What are my rights as far as getting a copy of the contract? I have sent them a letter requesting a copy of this and all they did was send me a letter stating that it had been reviewed and everything was correct as per the contract. What do I do now?

Thanks,
Vanessa

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

These should help you. If they don't, you contact the better business bureau in your county with the hyperlink below and have them help you out.

Uniform Commercial Code:

§ 1-203. Obligation of good faith.
Every contract or duty within this Act imposes an obligation of good faith in its performance or enforcement.

§ 1-201. General Definitions.
(19) "Good faith" means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned.

§ 2-209. Modification, Rescission and Waiver.
(1) An agreement modifying a contract within this Article needs no consideration to be binding.

(2) A signed agreement which excludes modification or rescission except by a signed writing cannot be otherwise modified or rescinded, but except as between merchants such a requirement on a form supplied by the merchant must be separately signed by the other party.

(3) The requirements of the statute of frauds section of this Article (Section 2-201) must be satisfied if the contract as modified is within its provisions.

(4) Although an attempt at modification or rescission does not satisfy the requirements of subsection (2) or (3) it can operate as a waiver.

(5) A party who has made a waiver affecting an executory portion of the contract may retract the waiver by reasonable notification received by the other party that strict performance will be required of any term waived, unless the retraction would be unjust in view of a material change of position in reliance on the waiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bbb.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">