• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

respond to summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M Elizabeth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I received a summons by Josephine County Court from a lawyer on behalf of a credit card company to which I have defaulted on payments because I could no longer keep up with them. I employed the services of a debt settlement company to which I gave a power of attorney to deal with this debt. I informed the credit card company of this action, and the credit card company has been contacted by the debt settlement company. The debt settlement company told me to file a general denial in response to the summons, with a request for validation of the debt (to give them more time to negotiate). I have searched for a general denial form for Oregon courts. I found one for California but cannot locate one for Oregon. I found a definition for general denial and am capable of writing up a general denial according to this definition and in a format similar to the California form, but I need to know if that will be acceptable or if there is an Oregon Court form available somewhere? Please, can you help me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

This is a very simple proceeding. Use the California form, modified to reflect the proper court and jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">