• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served with a Notice of Rights to have Exemptions Designated on a payment account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DocChloroplast

I'm in North Carolina.

In March, I was served with an intent to sue by lawyers for a credit card on a debt in collections. I cannot afford an attorney, but I make too much for legal aid, so I spoke with the lawyers and have been making payments to them consistently since then. In July I received a summary of consent of Judgment, and today I was given 3 (I think) copies of a Notice of Rights to have Exemptions Designated. Now, I'll see if I can get access to a lawyer to help me fill this out, but what else does it mean? I'm paying, so I'm not sure why they're seeking to seize any of my (meager) possessions (I rent in a 2-bedroom apartment and am still making payments on my car; I honestly don't have much for them to physically seize). If there's any advice I could get about this situation, I'd be most grateful. I can provide more details if needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">