• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sol defined

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lds454

What is the name of your state? fl
If SOL in florida is four years for credit cards-and my last payment was sent October 28, 1998 and Citibank has check canceled date on the back of this ckeck for November 2, 1998---my question is exactly when does the SOL begin?
i was just served a summons to appear in court in on Dec 10th at 2:30-AND THE COPY OF THIS CIVIL ACTION was filed in the court October 30, 2002
thank you

racer72

The SOL clock starts ticking when the debt is considered in default, usually 90 days after the last payment has been received. Looks like Citibank is coming after you just in time.

bigun

This is close. I'd say see a lawyer in Fl. A lot of states define the beginning of the SOL as when you went continously deliquent. When did you first get a statement that had a late fee posted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">