• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone stole my identity and my money from the bank of america

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intrstating

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Dear Sir,

Two years ago, My mother in law asked me to divorce my wife but I refused that because I was under threatening from her two sons. Then, My

ex-wife , my ex-brothers in law (Wifes' brothers) and her mum sued me. They claimed that I were threatening my ex-wife. After that, I was shocked

that day when Police came to my work and took me to custody.

I am innocent of the charge. In court, it was discovered that they have lied. but the judge was worried about her safety. After that, The judge

asked me to take a program (Classes) and Also, he said to me not to approach from her or her family.
I agreed on that and I agreed to divorce her too.

I had a joint account with my ex-wife at Bank of America. The Account had thousands of dollars.

When I was in custody for one week, My ex-wife she went to the Bank of America and took all the money in that account that not all belongs to

her & she closed the account without me. I dont know how bank of America closed the account while I were in custody without take my signature

and looking to my ID. I think someone stole my identity and went with her and took all the money and closed the account.

I ended without any money right now. They took all my money.

I dont know what to do.

I'm worry that My ex-brothers in law they are going to sue me again If I request my money.

Could you please advice me to solve my issue with my money. What Should I do if I know someone pretends to be me in Bank of America?

I really dont know what to do. Please Help.

Thanks

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Dear Sir,

Two years ago, My mother in law asked me to divorce my wife but I refused that because I was under threatening from her two sons. Then, My

ex-wife , my ex-brothers in law (Wifes' brothers) and her mum sued me. They claimed that I were threatening my ex-wife. After that, I was shocked

that day when Police came to my work and took me to custody.

I am innocent of the charge. In court, it was discovered that they have lied. but the judge was worried about her safety. After that, The judge

asked me to take a program (Classes) and Also, he said to me not to approach from her or her family.
I agreed on that and I agreed to divorce her too.

I had a joint account with my ex-wife at Bank of America. The Account had thousands of dollars.

When I was in custody for one week, My ex-wife she went to the Bank of America and took all the money in that account that not all belongs to

her & she closed the account without me. I dont know how bank of America closed the account while I were in custody without take my signature

and looking to my ID. I think someone stole my identity and went with her and took all the money and closed the account.

I ended without any money right now. They took all my money.

I dont know what to do.

I'm worry that My ex-brothers in law they are going to sue me again If I request my money.

Could you please advice me to solve my issue with my money. What Should I do if I know someone pretends to be me in Bank of America?

I really dont know what to do. Please Help.

Thanks

It's a little hard to understand the whole story, so I've highlighted the important part: you had a JOINT account with your wife. If you were both on the account, she had every legal right to withdraw the money.

justalayman

You need to ask the bank who signed for you to close the account but as far as the money in it; since it was a joint account it belonged to your wife as much as it did you. That means she had a right to take the money. That means your only issue is who signed to close the account.

intrstating

Does she has the right to take them all?

You need to ask the bank who signed for you to close the account but as far as the money in it; since it was a joint account it belonged to your wife as much as it did you. That means she had a right to take the money. That means your only issue is who signed to close the account.

Most of the money belongs to me and she knows that, Does she has the right to take them?

justalayman

Most of the money belongs to me and she knows that, Does she has the right to take them?
A joint account means as far as the bank and the law in general is concerned the money belongs to both of you. If you wish to sue her for what you believe is your separate funds then that is your choice. She has done nothing criminally unlawful here other than the possible use of a person falsely representing you.

Are you certain she actually closed the account and didn't simply empty it and leave it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">