• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations on Med Bills Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

psulli

I was contacted by a collection agency last year regarding medical bills I was not billed for in 1998-99. I contacted my then insurance company, and was told the claims were never filed, or in the case of one charge was information they requested from the doctor responded to, so they have not paid. Since these are way old, they are stating they won't pay. The collection agency says, yes we didn't bill you oops, you still have to pay. My documentation states all bills from them were paid.

I was told they would check into it. Now, another year later, they are calling again. Is there a statute of limitations or do I have any rights regarding these charges?

Thanks

psulli

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">