• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qwizard

What is the name of your state? IN

i moved to new zealand in 1999, when moving i left a truck which was not paid for. my ex wife decided her children would like to have it and would make payments and pay it off. low and behold the payments were never made but the finance company hasn't repoed the truck. the finance company has changed hands twice and apparently the paperwork has gotten lost in the shuffle. the truck was titled to my name only, but i gave a POA so they could register it and drive it. they have lost the POA and so all they can do is renew the registration. Now i am going home for a visit and would like to know what rights i have.

1. am i still intitled to the truck?
2. what are the statutes of limititaions on financing?
3 do i have any other obligations?

i want to get the truck and take it to FLA where my brother would like to pay it off and get title and clear the matter totally.
thanks for your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">