• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen debit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stb3222

i live in the state of missouri. Several months ago my husband went to Florida. His debit card wouldnt work so when he came back the bank said it was defective and issued him another. at the same time he requested a second card for me. They said that was fine and that i needed to come and sign some papers. I didnt think about it again til the next week when a second card arrived. we figured that was the one he requested for me and I put it in my purse. I nvever used it. A month later the bank called and said there was an large number of charges so he went to the bank to check. When he called me about it I looked for my card and it was no where to be found. There was over 1000.00 in charges that wasnt ours. So the bank said that my husband was responsible for the charges since he failed to follow policy and gave his card away. We were confused because they sent us the 2 cards. It was because i never signed anything. The bank also told us that mastercard has 120 days to dispute any charges that they have doubt on. But they said if they could tell by the signitures that it wasnt my husbands or mine that they would pay for it. Now the bank is calling me 2 and 3 times a day telling me that mastercard has rejected receipts. So the bank automatically deducts it from my checking account. So far it is up to 260.00. Do I have any actions to stop this or am i liable for these charges?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">