• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Loans:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rtikul8

I am a medical student with both private and federal loan debt. The private student loan companies, especially AES, have given me false information in order to receive more money. I have also been told my loans were in repayment when they actually were not which caused two loans to default. I have paid more than I owe monthly multiple times and yet they tell me I am past due. Their online platforms are disorganized, confusing, and never up to date. No matter how hard I try to stay on top of everything, they make it very difficult and lie to get more money from myself and my cosigners. They will not work with me at all on decreasing payments or deferring anything until I finish school. I cannot work and finish medical school at the same time. I do not know what to do at this point and there are so many people have that have filed lawsuits against these specific private loan companies for the same reasons. What are my options? Thank you for your time and assistance.

single317dad

I am a medical student with both private and federal loan debt. The private student loan companies, especially AES, have given me false information in order to receive more money. I have also been told my loans were in repayment when they actually were not which caused two loans to default. I have paid more than I owe monthly multiple times and yet they tell me I am past due. Their online platforms are disorganized, confusing, and never up to date. No matter how hard I try to stay on top of everything, they make it very difficult and lie to get more money from myself and my cosigners. They will not work with me at all on decreasing payments or deferring anything until I finish school. I cannot work and finish medical school at the same time. I do not know what to do at this point and there are so many people have that have filed lawsuits against these specific private loan companies for the same reasons. What are my options? Thank you for your time and assistance.
You could file a lawsuit like "so many people" have done. I'm not sure what you would sue for or what you would win, but you could do that.

You could find another lender who could fund the payoff of your old loans via a new loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">