• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Takin' the car in Colorado?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wonderingrightn

What is the name of your state?(CO) I've incurred a judgement against me for credit card debt for $2,600. I don't have any property thats not exempt with the exception(?) of the car –which my wife is the primary signer of the account..but we're both on it. In Colorado the exemptions say that there is a $3000 "aggregate value" exemption on vehicles (its worth about 6k and is nearly paid off) Can they take this even though its the only car to get to work in? What are the senarios?

JETX

wonderingrightn said:
In Colorado the exemptions say that there is a $3000 "aggregate value" exemption on vehicles (its worth about 6k and is nearly paid off) Can they take this even though its the only car to get to work in?
Yep.

What are the senarios?
Scenario #1: Sheriff knocks on door with tow truck.
Scenario #2: He doesn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">