• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking money from bank account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassy02

What is the name of your state? conn:( my husband has some bills in just his name,and a company came and cleaned out our accounts at the bank,now if I open one just in my name can they get that too?

Ladynred

Apparently your husband was sued and a judgment was awarded.. that's the only way, outside of student loans, that anyone can levy a bank account.

If the lawsuit was only against your husband, then no, they cannot come after any money in an account with ONLY your name on it.

If you are unaware of a lawsuit, I suggest you call the courthouse ASAP and find out, get a copy of the case file. Unless they got ALL the money they were owed, they will come back for more !!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">