• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a letter I could write?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahutchGA

What is the name of your state? GA

Hey everybody! I paid off an old hospital bill in July that had gone to collections. It was only $240.00, but it was a slow process getting that bill gone.

I feel pretty proud of myself now, and consider it one of many bills to be vanquished in the coming months.

(Insert Superhero music here).

My problem: Once I made the final payment on July 19, the CA told me they would send out a "zero balance letter" within 30 days of the check clearing. The check cleared July 22 (everything, CA and bank are local).

It is now Aug. 22 and I have seen no letter. Knowing it's better to get things in writing, is there some sort of letter I could write, requesting this info? I know I paid it off, and I have the checks to prove it, but I just like a paper trail.

:)

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">