• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying paying hopital bill and hospital threatening collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RKBBJ

I am from Utah and aquired numerous hospital bills. I have been trying to pay them off and make a payment every month. Some of the hospitals are not happy with the payments and are threatening me unless I pay them off now. I do not have the financial capabilites to do so. Is their anything I can do to keep them from going to collections until I get them paid off

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RKBBJ said:
I am from Utah and aquired numerous hospital bills. I have been trying to pay them off and make a payment every month. Some of the hospitals are not happy with the payments and are threatening me unless I pay them off now. I do not have the financial capabilites to do so. Is their anything I can do to keep them from going to collections until I get them paid off
My response:

First, let's start with the premise that your "financial capabilities" are not the hospital's concern. They are a business like any other, and need to be paid in a timely manner. If you have $20,000.00 in bills, and you're only paying $25.00 per month, then yes, you're going to have people screaming at you because at that rate, it would take forever to pay the debt.

Okay, let's try to keep them from putting you into collections.

1. Take a personal loan from a bank.

2. Take a loan from a private loan company, like the one's you see in "strip malls".

3. Ask a family member for money.

4. Refinance your home.

5. Start selling valuables that you might have.

These are but a few ideas. Put your thinking cap on.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">