• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized use of my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lani Stang.js

Florida. I bought a new car through my bank a month or so ago. Once I signed all of the paper work and went home with my car, my loan officer called me the next day and told me that they didn't cut the check for the correct amount but they would just open up a $1000 line of credit for me, all I had to do was pay the $170.00 or so out of the line of credit and the rest is just for my use. About a month later the officer called me telling me she sees where the mistake was made ( her mistake) and wants me to pay money to make up for her mistake, money that I don't have. I tried calling her to talk but she didn't return my calls. This morning when I tried to pay my bills, I see where she has went in my account and paid a first car note plus $151.28...405.22. My first car note is due on 11/10/2016. I did not authorize this transaction. She called me Yesterday but when I called her back she didn't answer or return my call. She has messed up my bill paying. What can I do about this?

LdiJ

Florida. I bought a new car through my bank a month or so ago. Once I signed all of the paper work and went home with my car, my loan officer called me the next day and told me that they didn't cut the check for the correct amount but they would just open up a $1000 line of credit for me, all I had to do was pay the $170.00 or so out of the line of credit and the rest is just for my use. About a month later the officer called me telling me she sees where the mistake was made ( her mistake) and wants me to pay money to make up for her mistake, money that I don't have. I tried calling her to talk but she didn't return my calls. This morning when I tried to pay my bills, I see where she has went in my account and paid a first car note plus $151.28...405.22. My first car note is due on 11/10/2016. I did not authorize this transaction. She called me Yesterday but when I called her back she didn't answer or return my call. She has messed up my bill paying. What can I do about this?
You can raise a major stink with the bank. However, if you actually owe the money, in the end you will end up paying it. However, the loan officer had no right to access your account and take your car payment before it was due and without your authorization. Therefore you really should raise that stink.

Lani Stang.js

I have no problem paying what I owe,however I do have a problem with people taking it upon themselves to use my money how they see fit and doing it in a deceitful way to make it look like a car payment when it clearly is not. That was to pay my other bills before my car payment!

LdiJ

I have no problem paying what I owe,however I do have a problem with people taking it upon themselves to use my money how they see fit and doing it in a deceitful way to make it look like a car payment when it clearly is not. That was to pay my other bills before my car payment!
Again, then raise a stink with the bank.

justalayman

Is this a bank or a credit union?

How do you know the loan officer was in your account?

Obviously you need to address this issue with your bank and a loan officer is not the person you need to address it to. An account rep or even a branch manager is who you should be talking to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">