• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using ex gf's credit card without direct consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syilim

My ex gf was living with me in Hong Kong. Her bank statements were also registered to my address. Since 1 1/2 ago, she went to study overseas in Canada. While she was there, I've been the one managing her account the whole time, making payments that she still had before she went to Canada. She knew full well that I was the one managing her account, since she gave me all the details for her banking stuff. Login details, passwords, credit card passwords etc. She even said verbally that I could use her credit card if needed, since I was the one making the payments and managing her account in the first place. But i never had to use her credit card. Anyways, so she cheated and we broke up. Out of frustration, I then used her card to make some purchases in order to get her attention. But when my mind finally cleared, I paid off all the purchases that I had made. So question is, can she legally sue me for using her card eventhough i paid it all back, and she gave me consent before she went to canada 1 1/2 years ago?

Silverplum

I don't see anything in your post that has to do with our laws.

My ex gf was living with me in Hong Kong. Her bank statements were also registered to my address. Since 1 1/2 ago, she went to study overseas in Canada. While she was there, I've been the one managing her account the whole time, making payments that she still had before she went to Canada. She knew full well that I was the one managing her account, since she gave me all the details for her banking stuff. Login details, passwords, credit card passwords etc. She even said verbally that I could use her credit card if needed, since I was the one making the payments and managing her account in the first place. But i never had to use her credit card. Anyways, so she cheated and we broke up. Out of frustration, I then used her card to make some purchases in order to get her attention. But when my mind finally cleared, I paid off all the purchases that I had made. So question is, can she legally sue me for using her card eventhough i paid it all back, and she gave me consent before she went to canada 1 1/2 years ago?

Just Blue

What don't you understand about "US LAW ONLY"? :confused:

LdiJ

Despite the fact that this forum is only for US law, I certainly hope that you have figured out how foolish your actions were. If you get out of this without problems I hope you realize how lucky you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">