What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I'm writing because my fiance has been a victim of an internet scam.
Here are the facts:
1. He's a freelance business coach and posted his resume on a jobsite.
2. He bid on a job and was awarded the job.
3 The person is from England and has a seemingly legitimate business..has a website, ect.
4. The person asked him to open a bank account at bank of america and that he was expecting funds and wanted my fiance to use that money to pay his vendors by taking out the money in cash and sending it to his vendors by way of western union to Romania, China and here in the US.
5. The money was wired into the bank of america account...17k then another 43k from JP MOrgan/ Fidelity Investments. There was a hold on the account, but then the funds cleared, as b of a called him to let him know the funds were there.
6. My fiance took the cash, got western union wires over the course of a week to the addresses provided by the person who hired him.
7. a week later b of a closes his account, and tells him that they now suspect that the wire transfer from Fidelity was a fraudulent wire transfer. B of A is very elusive and will not speak to my fiance.
8. My fiance and I have our personal/business account with Wells Fargo, no relation to the b of a account.
9. We found out today that b of a contacted wells fargo, and now wells fargo is closing down our personal account.
10. we spoke to b of a who said they are doing their investigation and told us to file a police report, which we did. we have also contacted via online the FBI.
11. B of a says that they will 'mail us a letter' of what is going on in about 3 days.
12. OUr money in our wells fargo account is frozen and we have bills to pay, auto deductions, ect.
13. B of A is refusing to cooperate with us, the police dept. told us that it is not our fault because the bank should have verified the transfer and that we should speak to an attorney, since our assets are now frozen.
Please help! We cannot get anywhere with bank of america and wells fargo will not do anything until bank of america finishes their investigation, which could be 60 days.