• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donnie Waltermire

I live and work in Kentucky, where I have an old school loan debt that I pay on sporadically, depending upon my financial situation. The school, through its attorney, is attempting garnishment of my wages. Their attorney and I agreed upon a payment plan in 1999. At that time, I had a full-time job and a part-time job. I continued to pay on time several months even though I lost the full-time employment in 01/00. I continued to make payments from the part-time job, but my employer is no longer able to pay me. In the Fall 2000 I left a voice message with the attorney requesting a change in the payment plan because my new full-time job, begun in August, pays less than my job of the original agreement. 3 months later, I received notice of the garnishment. What can I do to forestall this action, and obtain a payment plan that is consistent with my present financial situation?

[Edited by Donnie Waltermire on 01-20-2001 at 06:56 AM]

D

Donnie Waltermire

I did not ignore the lawsuit when I was first sued: that iswhere the original agreement for payment originated. But my financial situation has changed, nor did they respond to my request to revisit the payment issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">