• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joker65

i'm in the state of california,in july of 2001 we were taken to court by our former landlord and a judgement was in his favor for the amount of 2,500,his lawyer told us that we were to make arrangements with the landlord on making payments to him.anyway we came to an agreement and began making payments to him,to date we have paid him 650.00. On Feb.27,2002 i received a letter in the mail stating that my wages were going to be garnished for the amount of 2,600,apparently a collection agency was notified to collect the amount awarded to the landlord,we got no prior notices that there was a collection agency involved,they sent no statements, or any kind of paperwork saying they were going to collect this,i just received a letter 3 days prior to the date they are going to start garnishing my wages. we contacted the agency and they told us if we paid them 1,300 in there fees they would stop the garnishment of my wages,is this legal what is happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">