• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wells Fargo Bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

planekeeper1

What is the name of your state? Texas
I applied to Wells Fargo to refinance my auto which is already financed with with them. They called and said the loan was ready to sign, come on down. When I got there the offer was awful so I turned it down. Now 2 weeks later I recieved a letter from them stating that they turned me down due to credit. I am about to finance a home but this went on my credit credit as a black mark. I turned the loan down, not them. Can they do this? Can I sue if the home loan fails? I hear Wells Fargo is having alot of problems in this area. Should I retain an Attorney?

A

anon29072

I wasn't aware that a company would put that you were turned down for a loan on your credit report. Are you sure that this is what is showing? More likely, it's just a notation of credit check being run. Just because you received a letter for being turned down does not mean that it is put on your credit report like that. I'd double check that if I were you.

bigun

What on earth are you talking about? A loan application will result in an inquiry. That's not exactly a balck mark and would be on your report regardless if you accepted the loan.
You really need to pull your credit reports prior to applying for a mortgage and see what's being reported and, if it's correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">