• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wells Fargo - Small Claims Court in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jisc123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hey there,

I had fraudulent charges made against my account that Wells Fargo has thus far been unwilling to reimburse.

I could go into a deep details, but let's just say that this has gone back and forth for months now.

I basically used a non Wells Fargo ATM in Chicago , made a couple withdrawals and my debit card was missing the next morning. I had $2,000 fraudulent charges from my checking account.

Wells Fargo will not work with me and I have argued my case many times. They have lied to me about several facts. I can't wait to get the phone call recordings and prove them wrong.

It is to the point where I need to file a small claim against them in order to get my funds back.

Couple notes:

They lied and said that they called my phone number that was on file to allow the withdrawal limit to be increased from $1,000 - 2000. I have call records showing that I never received such a phone call.

I asked them for the recording , but said they'd only do that if they received a subpoena.

I provided them with all of the information as to what ATM I was using at the time, when it occurred and where I was at the time of the withdrawals. I explained that someone else stole my debit card and found a way to use it. I never wrote my pin number down on the card.

I went to the Georgia Secretary of State web site and pulled up information about Wells Fargo Bank, National Association (INC.). Should I be using the Principal address when filling out the claim? Should I plan on serving the Register Agent that is local to Georgia or should I serve a local branch?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You ought to read your account agreement with WF. I suspect that court is not the proper remedy under that agreement.

adjusterjack

I went to the Georgia Secretary of State web site and pulled up information about Wells Fargo Bank, National Association (INC.). Should I be using the Principal address when filling out the claim? Should I plan on serving the Register Agent that is local to Georgia or should I serve a local branch?
If you sue, you can show the principal address of the company, but you serve the registered agent for Georgia.

I also suggest you thoroughly and carefully read your account agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">