• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wells fargo took did not go through with agreement!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esmeraldalm

Wells Fargo screwed me! I called last week to setup a 500 Direct Deposit Advance payment plan and the woman I spoke to said everything was approved and said everything had to be paid off by early May. I agreed to all terms and agreed to have $100 taken from my account with any direct deposit and that was that. Today, the 17th of April, a check was direct deposited in the amount of 279.37. I had $139 withdrawn for my car insurance payment and Wells Fargo decided to withdraw $241.87 plus a $37.50 fee. My account is now in overdraft and I still have a couple things pending which would have been covered if it wasn't for wells fargo pulling more money then they were supposed to. The things that I have pending wont be covered anymore because WF so they are going to charge me $35 per transaction. This is the second time they do this to me and i've had enough. What can I do? I want my money back and I want this to stop happening to others as well!
I spoke to a customer service representative and since she couldn't do anything. I spoke to her supervisor. He said he would look up the call and get back to me. I felt more at ease then because I know what I said on that call and i was sure this would be solved. Well its not. Supervisor later called and said, i never requested a payment plan and I KNOW i did. I told him I knew he was lying and he simply said "im sorry for the inconvenience, but there's nothing i can do". What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just present your written proof of a payment plan...that really should suffice.

Esmeraldalm

What US state are you in?

Why did you need a payment plan?
I had to complete a car payment and fix my car. I didn't have the full amount so I requested their Direct Deposit Advance Payment Plan. They basically loan you the money you need, up to $500 and then later, withdraw $100 from each direct deposit from that point on. They read you the terms and conditions by phone and all you do is say I agree. I live in Nevada.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Something really doesn't jive. The service charges they took are in line with the payment plan option. I suspect that your account was overdrawn PRIOR to the direct deposit hitting.

You asked what you could do. I would suggest that, in order to avoid this, you adjust your expenditures so you don't spend more money than you have...

Esmeraldalm

No. My account was in good standing before all of that happen. I made the payment plan last week. Today only 100 was supposed be paid back towards the loan then again Friday when another one of my direct deposits went through then again the following Tuesday. It's only 100 per deposit that should be taken out. The only reason why I decided on doing the direct deposit advance was because it was only supposed to be 100 paid back at a time. Instead they pulled 240 and that was not part of the agreement. When I spoke to a wf supervisor today, he said "the agreement was not made" and I know it was. He said he pulled the phone call I had with the rep and he lied to me. I know I made that agreement. I even went over the terms with the rep when I made the agreement.

Antigone*

Something really doesn't jive. The service charges they took are in line with the payment plan option. I suspect that your account was overdrawn PRIOR to the direct deposit hitting.

You asked what you could do. I would suggest that, in order to avoid this, you adjust your expenditures so you don't spend more money than you have...
I wholeheartedly agree.

No. My account was in good standing before all of that happen. I made the payment plan last week. Today only 100 was supposed be paid back towards the loan then again Friday when another one of my direct deposits went through then again the following Tuesday. It's only 100 per deposit that should be taken out. The only reason why I decided on doing the direct deposit advance was because it was only supposed to be 100 paid back at a time. Instead they pulled 240 and that was not part of the agreement. When I spoke to a wf supervisor today, he said "the agreement was not made" and I know it was. He said he pulled the phone call I had with the rep and he lied to me. I know I made that agreement. I even went over the terms with the rep when I made the agreement.
Tell him you want to listen to the call with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">