• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I do if a judgement is filed against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colene49

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

I would like to know what I can do about credit card companys being able to get judgements against me for credit card billsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West VirginiaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I would like to know what I can do about credit card companys being able to get judgements against me for credit card billsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West VirginiaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You can either pay them the hard way, or pay them the easy way. You can pay them now or pay them later. You can pay them in a cinch, or you can pay them in a pinch. You can pay them SamIAm, you can pay them yes you can:D

bigun

There are a lot of different outcomes.
As others pointed out, you can pay it.
Or, your wages may be garnished unless, your income is exempt from garnishment. You can take into account the totality of your circumstances and determine if the applicable chapter of bankruptcy is approiate. Depending on the age of the debt, it may {or may not} beyond the statute of limitations in your state.
You just give no info about your income, total level of debts, equity in home,etc. to give any real meaningful advice.

creditcrunch

If a deficiency judgment is filed against you, then it's high time you get your groove on to pay your loans already. The fact they're taking out time to file a judgment means that they're that serious about wanting the money you owe because it's no joke to file a case. It's a hassle in terms of time and effort so there.

Pay your debts already.

If your lender ends up winning against you, chances are you'll be made to pay them soonest possible through cuts on your wage, for example. Plus that also means bad record on your part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">