• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will I go to jail for credit card fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerD

I will just run off with the rest of the lawyers, bankers, legislators and judges to the land of make believe while YOU are the sole bastion of truth.
I love seeing someone else take the unwashed to task. Bravo.

Although, I have to say I am having some real concerns with our execution of monetary theory. I for one real would really like to get back to a gold standard.

Rather than raising the cap on debt, can't we just charge Congress an over limit fee and deduct it from their paychecks?

DC

JKBee

The problem is that the theft has crossed the barrier into felony. That ups the penalty by an order of magnitude.

Jail time is certainly possible, though not probable IF the money is repaid prior to court.
Today 07:17 PM
This is what I wanted to know. Everything else isn't really relevant to the original question. This forum is extremely interesting when the questions that are being asked are actually being answered.

Proserpina

Everyone's comments are most interesting here, but this is what I was interested in getting opinions on. I would think she would get probation and have to do some public service or something. This is what I thought the thread was supposed to be about.
Do you understand the difference between opinion and fact?

ANST

The matter here is not only about you, it's your children. Although you made a bad decision in trying to provide for them, you have made matters worse. What's done is done and you trying to make it right doesn't matter. You committed a Felony. Yes, it is a strong possibility that you may go to jail, get a fine and possibly other punishments, such as attending some sort of behavioral counseling sessions along with probation. I hope the children's father is able to care for them while you're incarcerated if that is the outcome. To add to your problems, you have pretty much ruined your opportunities with employers, no one will trust you. You now have a record that will follow you indefinately. You say you are not a criminal, but you are. As far as a public defender, you have no choice. The out come will probably be the same even if you were able to retain an attorney. To ease your pain and denial in the matter, think of the worst that could happen. If you get off without jail time, it would be more of a relief for you. I strongly suggest that you embrace the fact that you are a criminal. A label that you can never shed. After you get through this situation, hopefully it will be X-Criminal permenantly (Lesson Learned). Think about the possibility of losing your children because of your bad choices, it could happen. Hopefully the Judge will have so mercy on you. Your life is pretty much in his or her hands.
Good luck to you and your children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">