• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank trying to repo after payoff of car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwallace84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I sent GMAC a check for $3500 in September. In November I had an overdraft pop up on my acct for the amt of 280. Went to my bank and was told GMAC was the one who drafted that payment. I called GMAC and they tell me they haven't received anything from me since August. I explained about my payoff payment of $3500 and they said they would investigate and call me back in 48hrs. In the meantime I go to my bank and get info and copies of the check I sent. The check is wrote out to GMAC with my acct # on the back its stamped by their processing center. GMAC never calls back so I call them and they ask for another 48hrs. I try to send them the copy of my check but they won't accept it saying they have to do their own investigation. They investigate the whole month of dec and call me back last week saying they found no record of it and have already started reposession I need to pay them $1000+ and cont monthly payments to avoid repo.

What are my options? I can't afford to do that, that's why I paid it off so I wouldn't have that bill? Please help me!

Kiawah

Call GMAC back, ask to speak to a manager. Fax them your proof of payment while you have the manager on the phone. Get manager's commitment, name, number, to resolve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">