• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robertjd

What is the name of your state? Hawaii
My brother died on August 19 and I am the beneficiary of his T Rowe Price 401K. I called several times to find out the status of this thing in late September. T Rowe Price put the account in my name and SS# on Oct 2 under his plan and did not notify me until Oct 7. I questioned them about this tactic thru e-mail and was told that was "policy". I copied ERISA DoL, Enforcement SEC, and his company benefits people on the e-mail. From August to Oct the 401K dropped like a rock then dropped more in the 2 days I knew about it. When I found out I now had a 401K, I called T Rowe Price and transfered the funds into Summit Cash Reserve they suggested and that I know nothing about. All this smells bad to me. Was it legal? Do I have the right to contact all his company fellow employees and inform them what could happen? Theoretically, this 401K could have had a zero balance if I waited longer.

R

robertjd

robertjd said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii
My brother died on August 19 and I am the beneficiary of his T Rowe Price 401K. I called several times to find out the status of this thing in late September. T Rowe Price put the account in my name and SS# on Oct 2 under his plan and did not notify me until Oct 7. I questioned them about this tactic thru e-mail and was told that was "policy". I copied ERISA DoL, Enforcement SEC, and his company benefits people on the e-mail. From August to Oct the 401K dropped like a rock then dropped more in the 2 days I knew about it. When I found out I now had a 401K, I called T Rowe Price and transfered the funds into Summit Cash Reserve they suggested and that I know nothing about. All this smells bad to me. Was it legal? Do I have the right to contact all his company fellow employees and inform them what could happen? Theoretically, this 401K could have had a zero balance if I waited longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">