• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend's father has hijacked his account, now he is on the verge of losing everything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmakl

No one [who's right] is going to have a dissenting opinion.

Dad: Listed as owner on account.

Son: Listed as owner of account.

Since they are both owners, they can both use the money. Just like the joint account I share with my spouse or the joint account I share with our children. Doesn't matter who puts money in when.
Well Here's hoping your wife doesn't unload the account and leave you. And as far as you know nothing can be done with a trust or inheritance? Also, 40 seems like an odd age for someone to have to reach to receive an inheritance. Is it possible that his father, the executor, could have fabricated this age? I'll admit i'm not well versed in the legal field. Im just trying to help my friend

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be clear (for the OP) - while nothing illegal (as in criminal) occurred, the 32 year old man may have recourse through the civil courts. Of course, he's going to need an attorney for that, not a friend posting to an internet forum.

Zigner

Well Here's hoping your wife doesn't unload the account and leave you. And as far as you know nothing can be done with a trust or inheritance? Also, 40 seems like an odd age for someone to have to reach to receive an inheritance. Is it possible that his father, the executor, could have fabricated this age? I'll admit i'm not well versed in the legal field. Im just trying to help my friend
Help him pay for an attorney.

Silverplum

40 is an excellent age to receive an inheritance.

dmakl

Help him pay for an attorney.
I am. I'm also looking for information, which is why I came here. I know nothing Criminal has taken place. I'm trying to find what that civil recourse may be and if anyone has ever ran into a case such as this before

Zigner

I am. I'm also looking for information, which is why I came here. I know nothing Criminal has taken place. I'm trying to find what that civil recourse may be and if anyone has ever ran into a case such as this before
Any civil recourse he has will be explained by his attorney. Seriously, you're not going to get a different answer.

dmakl

Any civil recourse he has will be explained by his attorney. Seriously, you're not going to get a different answer.
So, basically what i'm getting from this forum is 'get an attorney if you want legal advice'. Then what exactly is the point of the forum?? I must be missing something. (do not reply with "a brain"

Zigner

So, basically what i'm getting from this forum is 'get an attorney if you want legal advice'. Then what exactly is the point of the forum?? I must be missing something. (do not reply with "a brain"
The POINT is that some matters are too complex for an internet forum. This is one of those.

Silverplum

You missed this, I suppose, on the bottom of every page:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
FreeAdvice.com has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding information and "advice" free since 1995 with thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed articles, questions and answers in more than 100 categories in the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS AND OTHER FORUM PAGES WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM and are provided AS IS. The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum is never a substitute for personal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com. Copyright since 1995 by Advice Company. All Rights Reserved.

Silverplum

I guess I had just hoped there would be an attorney on here who could provide potential outcomes for the situation...
It's not even your situation. You cannot provide all the necessary details. You can't even tell the story without getting dramatic.

It's unrealistic to expect an attorney to figure out that situation on a message board and provide excellent advice. Simply unrealistic.

dmakl

Thanks for your time. Guess this wasn't the right place for my questions, but they have been answered on another site. Hope nobody leaves you penniless and alone! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">