• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice on next step: Forex Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forex.victim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Marshall Island

Hello All,

Below is the story, kept as short as possible:

My friend invited me to invest with him in a forex company (referred to as Company A hereafter), which happened from January 2016 until April 2016. Throughout the entire time my fund was being managed by an account manager and trading was done by him on my behalf. With that being said, In April my account manager claim that Company A is changing name and asked me to sign a few documents to transfer my fund to a new company (referred to as Company B hereafter).

Once the documents of withdrawal of fund were signed, all communication ceased from both Company A and Company B, however, the money do appear in the new company. I now simply would like to close my account, but since nobody would respond to queries. However it is important to note that if I speak with the account opening department as a potential new investor, they will respond to me. Once disclosing the fact that I just want their attention, their response also ceased.

I have sent queries to local police from where I live, they file the case and told me nothing could/will be done already. Governing body for forex has not respond to query for the past 2 months either.

Now I am in a situation of not having the money and being stuck with no route to complain, it is important to note that:

Company A claim it's Jurisdiction is of Belize. With a fraudulent address.
Company B claim it's Jurisdiction is of Marshall Island, also having listing a fraudulent address in Singapore.

There are many things I would like to do in order to get my money back, but is there any advice or direction you may be able to provide to me? So that I do not waste my time doing the wrong thing? Must I hire a lawyer from Marshall Island in order to file a court complaint? Otherwise what can I do?

Thank you in advance for your patience and assistance.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

The Marshall Islands (plural, there are over a thousand of them) got their independence from the US (they were a trust territory) in 1979.

forex.victim

thank you guys, I understand, I didnt expect too much when I start posting on the forums, it was simply a way of desperation not knowing what to do. I have reported to the CID in Dubai, interpol and also Belize, but there is no info in Marshall islands nor an actual name/address that is tracable. Everywhere is just dead end... I can look at their website, but that doesn't give me any detail that is true.

So... must I use a lawyer from Marshall Islands in order to go to court with them? And more importantly what can attorney do if I got no address or physical proof for them to send their legal action?

LdiJ

thank you guys, I understand, I didnt expect too much when I start posting on the forums, it was simply a way of desperation not knowing what to do. I have reported to the CID in Dubai, interpol and also Belize, but there is no info in Marshall islands nor an actual name/address that is tracable. Everywhere is just dead end... I can look at their website, but that doesn't give me any detail that is true.

So... must I use a lawyer from Marshall Islands in order to go to court with them? And more importantly what can attorney do if I got no address or physical proof for them to send their legal action?
Unfortunately it does sound as though you have been scammed. Getting your money back may be impossible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">