• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S & L keeping money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blghst

How do I get money from a Saving and Loan, in CA, after a court has orderedd them to pay out my CD's? I have the judgement, but the S & L refuses to pay.

blghst

If by writ of execution, you mean the paperwork telling them they have to pay, that has been done, and they ignored it, and are in contempt, but still not paying.
If you mean having the Sherrif go in and take the property, the judge refused to order that, or we could have gone in and simply taken the money from the vaults, or all the computers and office furnature.

Last edited:
W

Willlyjo

If by writ of execution, you mean the paperwork telling them they have to pay, that has been done, and they ignored it, and are in contempt, but still not paying.
If you mean having the Sherrif go in and take the property, the judge refused to order that, or we could have gone in and simply taken the money from the vaults, or all the computers and office furnature.
If you filed a Writ of Execution allowing the marshall to go in and confiscate assets of the Debtor, a judge will not refuse such an order. You can also file paperwork allowing the Marshall to take money out of their bank account as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">