• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flexible spending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hemimaps

What is the name of your state? GA

My last day of at a then solvent company was 8/31/07 at which time I had flexible spending - dependent care balance (deducted from my payroll) remaining that I was going to use, but I was waiting for the last bills to put in for a reimbursement. Before I put in for a flex spending reimbursement sometime in September, the company filed for bankruptcy. Now they are withholding my flexible spending-Dependant care. It has been some time since I took business law classes and I remember unpaid payroll is on the bottom of the list, but what of flexible spending? Why is the company's assets inclusive of flexible spending balances? As I understand it, the flexible spending bank account was held under Company B of which bankrupt Company A was more or less the 100% owner.

Will I ever see this money?

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">