• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of abadonment of debtor's personal property pursuant to bankruptcy rule 6007(a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sebastian.t

Hello,

Some time ago I've purchased Bitcoin miner from CoinTera which went out of business and I didn't get to have it unfortunately.

A moment ago I have received an email with some kind of document called
"NOTICE OF ABANDONMENT OF DEBTOR’S PERSONAL PROPERTY PURSUANT TO BANKRUPTCY RULE 6007(a)"

Unfortunately I don't know what is it about and I'm also from outside of the US.

Could anyone tell me please what is it?

~Thanks

single317dad

Hello,

Some time ago I've purchased Bitcoin miner from CoinTera which went out of business and I didn't get to have it unfortunately.

A moment ago I have received an email with some kind of document called
"NOTICE OF ABANDONMENT OF DEBTOR’S PERSONAL PROPERTY PURSUANT TO BANKRUPTCY RULE 6007(a)"

Unfortunately I don't know what is it about and I'm also from outside of the US.

Could anyone tell me please what is it?

~Thanks
What this means is that the Trustee has elected to abandon (release, as in no longer considered an asset) certain property which they've deemed not worth liquidating or applying toward what's owed to the creditors (you). More simply, the company probably has books, office furnishings and supplies, or other errata that just aren't worth the time to sell and wouldn't generate any money to pay toward what you're owed.

There's a window where you can file an objection to this abandonment, probably 21 days from the filing. That probably isn't worth your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">