• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puzzle (hypothetical question)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GinaRox

Let's say I'm an s corp and the county council pays me for services, I give them a money back guarantee. Then I use the money to train, hire, outsource.. I spend it towards services but if they don't like the results or I'm not able to meet said goals & I just spent all the $ training and hiring and outsourcing. In worse case scenario I didn't have sufficient income to repay & had to declare bankruptcy of my new business... wouldn't that be the council's write off anyways? And even then, the attempt alone is benefiting the economy. What's the risk?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Let's say I'm an s corp and the county council pays me for services, I give them a money back guarantee. Then I use the money to train, hire, outsource.. I spend it towards services but if they don't like the results or I'm not able to meet said goals & I just spent all the $ training and hiring and outsourcing. In worse case scenario I didn't have sufficient income to repay & had to declare bankruptcy of my new business... wouldn't that be the council's write off anyways? And even then, the attempt alone is benefiting the economy. What's the risk?
We don't do hypotheticals nor homework.

adjusterjack

Risk to who?

You?

Well, bankruptcy puts your financially future in the toilet for 10 years.

You won't only be bankrupting your business but you, personally, will also have to file for bankruptcy because you will undoubtedly be sued as an individual.

Please disabuse yourself of the myth that any kind of artificial entity protects you personally from liability. It doesn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">