• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SBA Direct Disaster Loan in Default

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phatstaxx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLorida

I am in default with my SBA loan. There is not a bank involved. It was a disaster loan after hurricane Charley back in 2004. DIRECTLY THROUGH THE SBA, thats who I was paying. Original amount was $192,000. I had one year before I had to start my payments, Which I did on time for 3 years. I am in the marketing and advertising business, mostly direct mail sales for car dealers, need I say more.
I filled (not my wife) personal BK last year 2008 it was confirmed Feb 2009. I have been in default with the SBA for several months. They called quite a bit, now they sent it from the Atlanta Disaster region to California to the "settlement" department. I am in the mist of finishing, with the help of a nonprofit organization, an Offer in Compromise.
I have closed my business, sold my office furniture, etc. I t was a one man operation so there was not machinery or anything like that. Only got $825 for what I had. I have the check made out to SBA for that amount in my paperwork.
I do not have any money to offer thouh we are going to offer $2,500. Will figure something out should they accept that.
I had a professional appraisal on my home, it is about $$70,000 upside down. The SBA loan officer at the time of the loan assured and reassured both my wife and I that this loan would never show up on our credit no matter what.
Can someone tell me what I might expect them to come back with or what may happen since I do not have anything substantial to offer them. My cash flow is +$37 a month. You can't get blood from a stone... I don't think but it is the Federal Government.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

thehomegal

SBA default Florida

Wow...you just reviewed my exact senario...can't wait till you get some legal advice. I am trying to find an attorney that specializes in this field...not easy. Let me know if you get any feedback...Good luck to you as well...:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">