• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations for furniture bankrupcy lawyers or collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steaklover

What is the name of your state? new york
:eek:
hello,

i need some expert legal advisement for new york state statue of limitations please:

i received a permanent credit card refund credit from my cc company for a new york's furniture company who knowingly delivered damaged, defective and unsafe furniture to me, and that furniture company recently declared bankruptcy, but before declaring their bankruptcy they intentionally did not pick up the damged item, and refund a credit to my credit card.

my credit card company said the furniture company's bank cannot ask for my credit card permanent refund credit back, since they never replied to the original credit card companys inquiry.

my credit card company also said the furniture's bank representating them regarding their bankruptcy, can also hire a collections agency, or have their bank attorneys come after me for the defective furniture, or if i do not keep ithe defective furniture they can demand the full credit card price i paid for the furniture via my original credit card charge purchase amount.

please legally advise me as to exactly what the new york state statue of limitation timeframe is, so i know how long i must keep the damaged goods, since i do not want to pay any collection agency back in u.s. dollars for a defective unsafe damaged item the defunct furniture company knew was damaged, defective and unsafe, and intentionally never picked up their furniture long before they filed for bankruptcy, and thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">