• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany55

New Jersey

I have a partner for 3 years. Four months ago he began started taking money from the company account. He also got paid for a job in another city and took the considrable down payment for the job and deposited it in his account. As the business account started to diminish I found out that he had been taking this money into his personal account and co-mingeling it with his own personal houshold payments. I am initianting a law suit in New York. Our company has the contract for renovation. In order to protect the workers and lenders I want to put lien on the two buildings that we are working on for other parties in the amount of $140.000.
My partner refuses to return the monies received from his personal account into the business account for us to finish the renovation.
Under what initiative could I put this lien right away.
Dany55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">