• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any legal implications?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parallel_univ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Offshore

I work for an insurance company and my wife works for an insurance broker. I was working on a new insurance product for sometime and one of the competitors contacted my wifes broking firm. They had a NDA in place with the broker. However I had access to the information which I used in my project. I worked on their documents and my final product is significantly different from their's. My partner in the project knows about this and there is a possibility he can leak this information and evidence of the misappropriation to the competitor. I am located in an offshore location, but not a citizen here. The competitor is US company. What will be the legal implication on me/my wife?

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Offshore

I work for an insurance company and my wife works for an insurance broker. I was working on a new insurance product for sometime and one of the competitors contacted my wifes broking firm. They had a NDA in place with the broker. However I had access to the information which I used in my project. I worked on their documents and my final product is significantly different from their's. My partner in the project knows about this and there is a possibility he can leak this information and evidence of the misappropriation to the competitor. I am located in an offshore location, but not a citizen here. The competitor is US company. What will be the legal implication on me/my wife?
It is very doubtful that anyone in here has ever read the aforementioned non-disclosure agreement or your spouse’s employment agreement.

And since every location is “offshore” to every other that doesn't share the same shorelines, it is most unlikely that they would be acquainted with the laws regarding industrial, economic or corporate espionage in the location where you pilfered the data.

Anything else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">