• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney representation waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The "preview" feature on this forum does not work for everyone so, if you previewed your post prior to submitting, the preview feature probably deleted it instead.

You can try again to post your question AND the name of your state by using the "edit post" feature or by replying to this post.

raj3001

Re:

I need to file a special civil, I am a small 1 member S-corp in NJ and I was about to file a complaint against another corporation for breach of contract when I saw the following:

"A plaintiff or defendant that is a corporation must be represented by an attorney when the claim is greater than $3,000".

1. Is it possible to get a waiver on this? The amount in question is not much and attorneys are charging a lot so it's worth it only if I fight Pro Se.

2. If not can somebody help me do this for a minimal fee.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I need to file a special civil, I am a small 1 member S-corp in NJ and I was about to file a complaint against another corporation for breach of contract when I saw the following:

"A plaintiff or defendant that is a corporation must be represented by an attorney when the claim is greater than $3,000".

1. Is it possible to get a waiver on this? The amount in question is not much and attorneys are charging a lot so it's worth it only if I fight Pro Se.

2. If not can somebody help me do this for a minimal fee.

Please let me know.

Thank you.
Nope. You can't get a waiver to practice law without a license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">