• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automatic Renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SonnyPhan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland.

I entered a 3 years contract with XO Communication 4.5 years ago. They've been providing T1 service for us for the past 4.5 years. I recently switch to another company who provider better service for a better price. Six month after i canceled my service with XO Communication, I received a bill for $13,800 of early termination fee. Little that I know that in the original contract has a automatic renewal clause. So my original contract was automatically renewed for another 3 years when it expired.

I have a small business. If I have to pay $13,000 I will be put out of business. This is the most unfair practice. I wonder is there anything within the laws that I can do to save my business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">