• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad model contract and gig.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buttons07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada, live in Toronto'

Greetings all, got into a disappointing model contract with an adult company

We own the content 50 50 as the contract says, but shortly after completing our first ever set and leaving Vegas, they became very rude, belligerent and ignored most of my calls, or e-mails.

They shortly said we are ending your contract, and that all material will be kept and I'm lucky that they are offering me some money for the content since most models get nothing.(lol..)

Anyways, other then the contract it says that content has to be returned within 10 days, and they forgot to have me sign the model release forms after each shoot set.(good thing Im thinking now)

So my questions:

Can they publish my content without my consent?
Can they use my images but as a different name?
I really want them to return my content, but they say they are still processing them and could take months.. strange..

What are the next steps? Do they own anything? They keep trying to say they can sign for me If I don't agree to their terms within said days.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada, live in Toronto'

Greetings all, got into a disappointing model contract with an adult company

We own the content 50 50 as the contract says, but shortly after completing our first ever set and leaving Vegas, they became very rude, belligerent and ignored most of my calls, or e-mails.

They shortly said we are ending your contract, and that all material will be kept and I'm lucky that they are offering me some money for the content since most models get nothing.(lol..)

Anyways, other then the contract it says that content has to be returned within 10 days, and they forgot to have me sign the model release forms after each shoot set.(good thing Im thinking now)

So my questions:

Can they publish my content without my consent?
Can they use my images but as a different name?
I really want them to return my content, but they say they are still processing them and could take months.. strange..

What are the next steps? Do they own anything? They keep trying to say they can sign for me If I don't agree to their terms within said days.
You need to have an attorney familiar with Nevada law review the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">