• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being threatened with home repair fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fancy Rabbitt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I did some work on a house in trade for a motorcycle. There was no contract, it was verbal. I worked on the house for five weeks. I was given the motorcycle, the title, and all the paperwork for the work I had done. Now ten months down the road, the lady gets a new boyfriend who feels the work that was done was not worth the motorcycle. Now she wants me to return the motorcycle. I did the work, she wants me to return the bike but not pay me for the work. Now I am dealing with an officer, who is threating me with home repair fraud. I have talked to him on the phone, he does not wish to talk on the phone but in person. He wants me to come down to the police station which means I have to take time off of work to do this. I told him this and refused to come down and said I would talk to him now on the phone. He refused, he told me he would either come and get me and bring me to the station or he would put a warrant out for my arrest. Something feels wrong, what should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">