• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a breach of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osake22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? London,UK

I hired a web agency to build a big project for me, we agreed on a fixed quote of around £8.5k but now they are charging an additional £6k and this additional charge was not part of the contract. They are justifying this by saying the email they sent me that contained the contract/quote states that the quote of £8.5k wasn't for the full project, however I don't think they made it clear enough. The contract, which contains the quote breakdown doesn't include all the features, however on the phone he ensured me that all the features were going to be included. I have quoted the email I received below. Be honest, does the email below make it clear that an additional £6k is required? I am more than willing to accept responsibility for this misunderstanding if I am at fault.

So far they have only completed the first 3 elements(logo, design, development of static pages)which amounts to around £600, based on their contract.

Hi,

Please find attached our revised quotation. As the new brief contains considerable further development elements, the quotation has risen accordingly.

To break this project into stages and deliverables, I am sending your the quotation for the following elements:

Logo design
Website design
web development of static pages

Once the above elements of the project are complete and fully working, I suggest that we work on the development of the stage 2 elements, these are:

I have set these as stage 2 elements because they are both sizeable projects that I believe will be better worked on as extensions to the main website functionality. Once we have the main website set up with *****, *****, ***** etc, this will set us up with an excellent development knowledge of this project to additionally add these further two elements.

The first stage of the project work (alongside the logo and website designs) will be the development brief with screenshot design examples of every page. This will be a perfect project guideline to put both us and you on the same deliverable/requirements wavelength.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">