• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract by seller and more!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmy plant

I entered a contract to buy a beauty salon from party B with a down payment of 1K. Party B then gave me paper work for leasing of the space to turn over to party C once finished. I met party C who said she’s only a manager of the building. Party C took my lease application then requested the print out of my credit report for her. Party C looked it over and emailed me saying “everything looks good, let me talk with party B then I’ll get back to you”. Thats the last I heard of party C!

A week later party B contacted me saying my lease application is denied and she's no longer selling her business. You read it right! It’s the business owner saying this. This is my first time buying a business so I don’t know much but this feels strange. Party B offered to returned the down payment but I refused to accept. Part B explained that

1. my credit doesn’t look dependable, its 795, and she would be on the hook if I default the rent.

2. She can't sell the business to me because I don’t have a cosmetology license. I told her that’s not true. I don’t intend to work there I just want to own it!

My take, those two are friends. Party C doesn’t work for the land lord. They were secretly working together to sublease me the space at a higher price than party B is currently paying. So can I sue party B for the maximum in small claims court for breach of contract and subleasing the business space? What else can I sue them for, I really want to teach them a lesson.

Mass_Shyster

• I entered a contract to buy a beauty salon from party B with a down payment of 1K.
  • A week later party B contacted me saying my lease application is denied and she's no longer selling her business.
  • So can I sue party B for the maximum in small claims court for breach of contract and subleasing the business space?
I don't know. It all depends on what's written into your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">