• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mieaay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I purchaced a couch from a company whose policy is store credit. The couch was delivered, but the guys could not get it into the apartment, though they only tried one way. When I requested the couch be redelivered and left in the hallway, the rep. had said the couch had been damaged (though I suspect it was sold) and that it was now on backorder until March and I had been placed on that list. I bought the couch in December under the advisement of the sales person who had said, the new couches in March were to be of inferior quality comparatively, being made of both vinyl and leather, rather than 100% leather.
Can I get my money back since they damaged/sold my original couch?

Antigone*

I purchaced a couch from a company whose policy is store credit. The couch was delivered, but the guys could not get it into the apartment, though they only tried one way. When I requested the couch be redelivered and left in the hallway, the rep. had said the couch had been damaged (though I suspect it was sold) and that it was now on backorder until March and I had been placed on that list. I bought the couch in December under the advisement of the sales person who had said, the new couches in March were to be of inferior quality comparatively, being made of both vinyl and leather, rather than 100% leather.
You said, the store policy is store credit only. It looks to me like you'll get store credit.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I disagree. If the store CANNOT provide the couch you bought, you should be able to receive a refund.

HomeGuru

**A: it appears to much time has passed and the store cannot deliver the goods. Demand a refund and report the incident to the state consumer protection office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">