• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nickymold

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Homeowner signed a contract from my company with half down deposit as per contract and two days before starting work third party insists I not be used, without cause. (Some kind of dispute between those two parties, not myself).
Am I entitled to any money or any part of deposit since I pushed off other work to accommodate homeowner?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Homeowner signed a contract from my company with half down deposit as per contract and two days before starting work third party insists I not be used, without cause. (Some kind of dispute between those two parties, not myself).
Am I entitled to any money or any part of deposit since I pushed off other work to accommodate homeowner?
In general, you should not make more by not doing the work than you would have made by doing the work.

You should refund or demand the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">