• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business approved for billing, now demanding up-front payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whitherthen22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am 50% owner of an LLC. The business is located in VA but we're putting on a convention in Las Vegas.

We signed a contract with the venue that required complete payment up front. However, after two deposits we were told via email that our business was approved for billing, and our balance wouldn't be due until 3 weeks after the convention.

Today we received another email from the venue stating that our entire balance would be due in 2 weeks, per the initial contract. When we said we were approved for billing via the Finance Manager, we were told that the email didn't matter and only the initial contract stands.

Do I have any legal recourse to make them stick to the agreed-upon billing date?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am 50% owner of an LLC. The business is located in VA but we're putting on a convention in Las Vegas.

We signed a contract with the venue that required complete payment up front. However, after two deposits we were told via email that our business was approved for billing, and our balance wouldn't be due until 3 weeks after the convention.

Today we received another email from the venue stating that our entire balance would be due in 2 weeks, per the initial contract. When we said we were approved for billing via the Finance Manager, we were told that the email didn't matter and only the initial contract stands.

Do I have any legal recourse to make them stick to the agreed-upon billing date?
If you didn't sign a contract amendment, or a new contract, then the agreed-upon billing date is the one in the signed contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">